Citation Mustang's Tooling and Parts Take Shape

July 27, 2004
Oshkosh, WI - July 27, 2004 - Cessna has begun building the Citation Mustang prototype's tooling and parts. To date, over 3,600 detail parts have been produced for the prototype and ground test articles. Cessna anticipates the first Citation Mustang prototype to be completed next year, with the first flight in the second quarter of 2005.

"The Citation Mustang program is on schedule," said Program Manager Russ Meyer III. "We have selected approximately 80 percent of the Citation Mustang's suppliers through our supplier source selection process, and expect to name the remaining 20 percent by the end of 2004. Throughout the supplier selection process we have utilized our integrated design teams consisting of cross-functional Cessna experts as well as input from our customers."

The Citation Mustang's engine tests also continue to make progress. The Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PW615F engine has logged over 80 hours of flight time since its first flight on April 27, 2004. Completed testing includes engine operability in the Citation Mustang flight regime, fan envelope expansion, and air starts.

Progress also continues on the Garmin G1000 integrated avionics system for the Citation Mustang. Cessna anticipates delivery of an operating avionics hot bench in August. In addition, the G1000 autopilot test article is in operation. Cessna flight evaluations of the autopilot begin late this year.

Cessna Aircraft Company is a subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT). Textron is a $10 billion multi-industry company with more than 43,000 employees in 40 countries. The company leverages its global network of aircraft, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO and Greenlee, among others. More information is available at www.textron.com. More information about Cessna Aircraft Company is available at www.cessna.com.

For additional information or questions about the general aviation industry, contact the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) at 202-393-1500 or www.GAMA.aero.

Connect with Textron IR

Eric Salander, Vice President, Investor Relations
(401) 457-2288
Cameron Vollmuth, Manager,
Investor Relations (401) 457-2288

Email Alert

Enter your Email *
Mailing Lists *





 
Enter the code shown above.